I absolutely hate it when email marketing services advertise for themselves in the footers of their paying customer’s messages. I mean, you’re paying them right? Why the heck should you have to advertise for them too? So, here’s a breakdown of email marketing services and their policy of intruding into your messages.
- Aweber – No footer ads, ever.
- MailChimp – Footer ads can be disabled easily in your account if you’re a paying customer.
- Vertical Response – You’ll have to contact support to get the ad removed.
- Constant Contact – Same, you’ll have to put in a support request… adding your logo costs extra.
- iContact – Pay 10% extra per month (minimum $4.95) to remove the ad. In their defense, iContact does have the least intrusive footer ad, plus they’re based right here in Raleigh, NC.
While I’m at it, I have to tell you why I hate Constant Contact. It’s the name. Sure, you want to be in constant contact with your list, but I’ll wager you’re readers would rather not hear from you constantly. Years ago, I actually unsubscribed from a local company’s newsletter because of that Constant Contact logo at the bottom. “Constant Contact? I don’t want that. My in-box if full enough already!”
Got a tip or something I missed? Share it in the comments below!
This post first appeared in my monthly small business newsletter.